Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Week 7, day 3

The knee is feeling good. I slept until 8am with no pain--amazing!

My roommate asked me if I wanted to go kart racing in mid-November. I checked with the surgeon and he replied "I do NOT think Kart racing is a good idea. Too high a chance of injury." Love the ability to get questions answered quickly by email from my surgeon.

Forgot about ibuprofen until 3pm this morning. Normally, after an 8am ibuprofen intake, the knee would remind me about itself by noontime. So yeah, these are all good signs.

PT tonight. Went well. Stayed at 5lb ankle weight, 4 plates on leg press. Step ups off a taller step now. Balancing was perfect for 3 sets of 30 seconds. After all that when I lied down for towel-assisted hamstring stretces, my right leg was shaking. Maybe the leg press and the straight leg raises did the
job?

The plan for off days is stretches and cardio. Friday is all weights, except the leg press, which I can't do at my work gym. Will also start SLRs and balancing on my left foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment