Friday, October 23, 2009

Week 6, day 5

First glorious full day without the brace today. Now, I have no excuse for not walking without a limp. I need to concentrate on walking right. I'm telling everyone to tell me I'm limping if I'm limping.

No PT today (down to 2 visits a week), but did strength exercises at the work gym today before leaving work:

* bike 20 min low resistance
* gentle heel raises
* 4.5 lb ankle weight no shoe straight leg and side leg raises
* heel-raises off a step w/ a calf stretch in between
* step-ups on a 4" step
* hamstring stretch w/ a towel

all strength exercises are 3 sets of 15 reps...

Went out at night today and the knee felt pretty good (though I did take 400mg ibuprofen some time ago). I think that top-of-tibia part is starting to heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment