Friday, October 16, 2009

Week 5, days 4 and 5: Ow!

So yesterday Thursday (day 4), top of my tibia kept acting up. I did super-gentle heel slides ONCE. Took two ibuprofen overnight, before bed at 11pm. Woke up at 3am, feeling the pain. Decided to take two more ibu, but couldn't fall back asleep.

Today (Friday), went to the PT. The PT suggested taking it easy, so we skipped heel slides, step-ups and balancing. Unfortunately, I opted to do the leg presses anyway... unfortunately, because in the middle of the first set, I felt some pain at top of tibia when coming back down on the leg press (knee flexion at 10-15 deg), but I kept doing it anyway. After 3x15, my leg was not happy. Electronic TENS stimulation helped for pain management there, but it was still pretty intense. I went home at 3pm and took a sorely-needed nap.

I hope I didn't mess it up much worse with that leg press. Anyway, the plan is to take it wicked easy, no heel slides, only quad sets and stretches over the weekend. Also ice ice ice...

So yeah, the recovery was going fairly smoothly up to this point.

I think what's acting up here are the healing hamstring tendons, which attach at the top of the tibia (and fibula). It could just be the healing itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment