Saturday, October 3, 2009

Week 3, day 6

A quiet day at home. Walking around home doesn't make it that easy to concentrate on the correct gait, as the distances are very short and there aren't more than 3-5 step straights.

Turned in the Game Ready machine today, switching to the CryoCuff for my nightly icing.

Exercises:

Morning: ROM and a 5-min prone hang
Evening: ROM, straight leg lifts on my back, stretches, 3-min prone hang (these have all been with a 5lb ankle weight, but I couldn't keep going for 2 more minutes this evening)

After these ROM exercises, it becomes kinda tender/painful to fully extend the leg while standing. A bit weird. That goes away over time (15-30 mins) though.

It feels like I made good progress tonight with flexion. At the end of the heel slides, my heel was ever so closer to my butt. Let's see if this improved range holds up tomorrow. Before the heel slides, I did some patellar mobilization, focusing on the forward/backward motion. I hope that helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment