Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Week 5, day 3: Evening

After taking two ibu before going back to bed, I finally fell asleep by 6:30am. Decided to sleep in until 9:30 to let the leg heal and let myself rest. The leg felt good all morning until I got to work, and then it got a bit achy again.

Did ROM exercises at work at noon and then went to the PT at about 5:30pm.

I told my PT about the pain and she said not to worry. First of all, many people are in more pain 4 weeks post-op than me. I am also way ahead of the game on flexion. If I had only 90 degrees flexion after 4 weeks, then we'd be worried, but I have more flexion than most people at this point in time, and so that's not a worry for her. I think I have been overdoing the heel slides, pushing them to too high a point of discomfort and pain. The PT suggested that I take it really easy on the heel slides.

I have been thinking that, since I now have full extension, I might as well get my flexion ASAP. I just need to relax and be gentle to my knee. So, gentle heel slides from now on. Hopefully this means the knee will calm down.

Attempted leg press with weight plates set to "4" (whatever actual weight that is), which felt easy, but trying to be careful with the motions not to upset the knee. I felt myself pushing most of the weight with the left foot, instead of using both feet equally. I guess this kind of thing will take a while to work out.

Taking two ibuprofen right before bed again today. Iced my knee before bed as well. Let's hope for a good night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment