Monday, October 12, 2009

Week 5, day 1

Slept well for most of the night and then the ibuprofen must've worn off (and then I decided to straighten the leg a few times while half-awake and that didn't help things).

PT session today. Flexion is continuously improving, though the PT said not to worry about the flexion. I was worried for a moment when I only improved 1 degree over a week, but I have definitely made gains over the weekend and at the PT session today, so my flexion is coming surely and not even that slowly.

Attempted balancing again. This time, standing up perfectly straight was not painful, but leaning in to the left caused some pain on the medial side. Just a little pain at first, so I actually completed 3 30-second balancing acts, but towards the end of the 3rd, that pain increased and I think I probably overdid it. It's definitely a lot better than last week, so I'm sure one more week and I should be balancing pain free.

New exercise today: step-ups on a 4" step. No pain doing this one, though the knee felt a bit stiffer (perhaps a reaction to the balancing, who knows) towards the end of the 3 sets of 10 reps. So will continue doing this exercise going forward.

We did 3lbs of weight on the straight leg raises and it was just the right amount of weight. The muscles that get fatigued at the end though are not my quads, but the inside of my hips. I guess we gotta get those muscles back before we can start stressing the quads.

No comments:

Post a Comment