Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Week 4, day 2

Decided to drive the Miata in to work today!

The tricky part is ingress and egress without twisting my right foot.

It's not too bad to plop into it, but getting out is quite tricky. The car is wicked low to the ground and the driver's compartment foot space is small. This makes swinging both feet out AND getting up pretty tricky. Thankfully, the steering wheel being there helps getting on my feet.

It was very nice to drive the convertible top-down though. It was 50 deg in the morning and I went for a lunchtime drive in 65 degree and sunny weather. Not too many days left in New England for this.

Did 15 minutes on the stationary bike at work in the afternoon. Knee felt fine, except for about minute 12, where it felt a bit irriated. Then I did my ROM exercises and stretches at home and walked around a mall for a while. I think this inflamed my knee somewhat, as it felt achy at night. I haven't been taking any ibuprofen today, so I took some before bed. I did ROM exercises, then iced the knee and went to bed.

Only one 5-min prone hang today, in the afternoon. I used 5lb weights and it didn't feel quite heavy enough (it was much more bearable). So that means that I'm getting my full extension, or at least I'm very close to it. I am going to try 6lb or 8lb ankle weights Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment