Monday, October 19, 2009

Week 6, day 1

5 weeks in, the countdown to losing the brace begins. Doctor's followup is scheduled for this Thursday.

Still had to take two more ibuprofen tablets in the middle of the night to go back to sleep.

It seems like the leg/knee is better. Better than Friday, for sure. As good as week 3 or 4? No. But I am hoping that I am on the downward slope as far as the pain goes.

Another PT appointment today. Skipped the leg press. Couldn't go as fast on the bike as I could a week ago, pushing faster and I could feel an increase in the pain at the top of tibia. The same spot was aggravated by quad sets: when I release the tensed muscles, I could feel a throb of pain below the knee. The PT decided to cut the quad sets out, since I am doing 4lb weights for my straight leg raises (with zero quad lag).

The step ups off a low 4" step were fine, just adding some stiffness to my knee. No pain though.

So the protocol for tomorrow at home is merely doing the stretches. Oh and some stationary bike, which I'm hoping to be able to do for 15 mins during work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment