Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Week 4, day 1

Waking in the morning, the knee feels stiff and doesn't quite want to extend all the way or flex much. First steps until after out the shower are limpy.

Everything seems to work better today though! Did a set of ROM exercises at work at noon, before the PT at 5:45pm.

Good progress at the PT! Switched to 1lb ankle weights. Straight leg raises on my back with 1lb seem to generate muscle burn inside my hips instead of on the quads. (I guess that's normal, everything coming back into action...) The side leg raises definitely took a little effort to finish on the last set.

Also, 135 degree flexion! w00t w00t!

And, best of all, it seems I now have full extension! We didn't measure it, but it sure looks that way (and feels that way).

I asked the PT to evaluate my walk, as I still have a touch of a limp. Of course, I walked almost perfect in front of her. It seems that I'm not letting my right leg flex enough (maybe no confidence in it holding?). I tried flexing the knee more and it was better. I had a better gait for the rest of the day. Some times I didn't even think about it and just seemed to walk right! The key is to get to that state all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment