Saturday, September 19, 2009

Week 1, day 6: Morning

Slept better than most night I'd say, though not as careful with the foot propping up on a pillow or the sleeping position otherwise. Had some fluid swelling mostly on the bottom left side of the knee, closer to the thigh.

No significant pain while sleeping, though the top of the brace is right against the 1.5"-long hamstring incision, so it's creating some friction pressure/discomfort there. I think that's the biggest source of pain (and that's more like burning/irritation, rather than pain). At least it's rubbing against the steri-strips and not the wound itself.

Took the Motrin ibuprofen (200mg), that should be OK getting me through the day.

Into the ice machine and CPM machine!

Also, all the bruising on the knee is really coming through becoming quite visible now! Looks like someone bludgeoned my knee.

I can see why driving is unadvised for a while. Tapping my foot to the music in the CPM machine is not quite as controlled as it needs to be. Whoa definitely weird! (This seemed easier to do yesterday though?)

No comments:

Post a Comment