Thursday, September 17, 2009

Week 1, day 4: Afternoon

In between the 30-minute ice cycles with the ice machine, I attempted to do some quad sets against a heel propped on the side of the couch. I guess this would be the real quad sets, trying to get that heel lifted up, attempting to keep the knee locked. They are hard! I did a set of 15 earlier and then another set just now, and I barely have enough strength to keep that knee locked.

Going to spend another 8+ hours in the CPM today, but today going to do more quad sets. I realized that tightening the quad muscle on the CPM machine at the 0 position is not quite the same as doing a proper quad set with the knee fully extended.

I can definitely feel the hamstring graft when I mistakenly bend a bit too far forward and cause a hamstring stretch. Ow!

The knee is looking a touch less swollen now, and the surgical incision sites look not quite so gross in daylight.

Will attempt to consume fewer Percs today. Will attempt two in the morning and two before bed. Yesterday, I did two morning, one afternoon and two before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment