Monday, September 14, 2009

The night before the surgery

The surgery is tomorrow at 11am. My room is cleaned, with lots more space for crutching. My sister is helping me out immensely, especially tomorrow, driving me back from the surgery and helping me set up my daytime continuous passive motion (CPM) machine and ice machine setup.

I'm feeling a touch nervous, maybe a touch anxious, but the anxiety hasn't really hit me yet. I think I will be plenty sleepy tomorrow, as I'm getting less than 6 hrs of sleep before. This may be a good thing for anesthesia, though it probably makes no difference.

I decided to start the drink-nothing eat-nothing protocol just a little bit earlier, at 9:30pm, instead of midnight, just in case.

My sister will pick me up in my yellow Protege5. That is nice, because I love that car and it's one of those familiar things that will feel like home right away. I'm going to set up a favorite album ready to play for the way back. In a way, I am looking forward to getting into that car and sailing away home, to good music.

I don't know how I'll react to the pain (and how much pain there will be). Will I be cranky? I hope not.

Oh yeah, and paid a little too much for a 60-capsule set of 50mg Colace. Given that you're supposed to take 1-3 capsules daily, 60 count is definitely overkill. (Though I just jinxed it).

No comments:

Post a Comment