Monday, November 2, 2009

Week 8, day 1

The sleeping has been good last week or so. I only sometimes wake up around 5-6 (instead of 4am) with a slight knee ache. Much improved experience overall!

PT visit today was good. I went to 5 plates on the leg press, but backed off to 4 in the beginning of the 2nd set, because I began getting some pain above the knee, at the bottom of the femur. It was slight and only on pushoff, but after I shifted to 4 plates, it went away. So I am staying at 4 plates for a bit.

Did 6lbs with ankle weights with both legs. My left hip may be sore tomorrow.. the left leg definitely forgot what it's like to lift these on a regular basis. Still managed all my 3x15 sets.

Did step-ups off a slightly taller step and they felt fine. The balancing with the eyes open is very good now on the right leg.

The PT noticed some increased redness around the hamstring incision site. Hoping it's not an infection. I am going to stop massaging it with the petroleum jelly cream for a few days to see if that changes anything. I also wiped down Aircast knee cuff, just in case some crap developed on it.

At home, coming down the stairs, I stumbled and pulled my right hamstring. Ow! Kinda sorta icing it now and hoping it'll heal itself overnight. I guess this is not a particularly terrible time to pull the hamstring (almost at the 8-week mark), but still not a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment