Sunday, November 22, 2009

Week 10: Sad hamstring week

PT visit Monday had the usual strength increases for the quads. For ankle weights, I went up more than 1lb to 8lbs + shoes (from 7lbs no shoes).

So this was the weekend of hamstring strength, but because I sprained it three f'ing times last weekend, it was not meant to be.

Monday, we attempted hamstring exercise by standing up and flexing my knee by raising the heel up towards my butt. This hurt a little through the range of motion, but I did 3 sets of 15 anyway. Then we attempted bridging, which didn't hurt.

Wednesday at the PT the hamstring still hurt some, but I decided to do the exercises anyway. Thursday, I could feel my hamstring being tender all day long and Friday it was achy as well.

So at the PT Friday, I skipped hamstring altogether. My PT massaged my hamstring and ultrasounded it. She also gave me arnica gel to rub into my hamstring bruise.

Oh yeah, Monday, there was a big, nasty nasty bruise above my knee, near the hamstring violation site.

Friday, we decided to let the hamstring rest and try to be careful over the weekend.

So of course, what happens is that I ended up really pulling the hamstring AGAIN Saturday night, after stepping into a piece of poop on an uneven walkway. It really hurt.

This pisses me off because it means more hamstring strength training delays. I am guessing another week until it recovers.

And I have to try to be REALLY CAREFUL now, walk really deliberately and not wear those shoes that slip so easily in on wet pavement.

A sad hamstring week, here's to a Sunday of rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment