Monday, December 28, 2009

Week 16: Day 1

Christmas week: skipped PT on Friday, did nothing at all, but continued running.

On Wednesday, the PT introduced a squatting exercise, which seemed to put some pressure on that right knee... no pain, but definitely yet another thing that I need to get used to.

Running-wise, I did 7/3 on Tuesday and the knee felt good Wednesday morning, so I upped it to 8 minutes run and 2 minutes walk on Thursday. The knee felt a bit sore Friday, so Saturday I continued with 8/2 (treadmill, 10 min/mile pace, 0.5 incline). I could feel the knee while running Saturday and it was kinda sore on Sunday. So I am staying with 8/2 until my knee feels good the day after.

But yeah, Saturday marked 12.4 miles of running distance since my ACL tear (and heck, since a long time...).

Attached is the picture of my daily run distances since I got back into it, all 12.4 miles of it



:)

I've stopped consistently stretching on my non-PT days (only on running days), I keep forgetting or am too busy. I keep forgetting to ice the knee as well. I need to get back into these habits, at least keep my stretching going every day. Still, given that I do stretch 5 days a week (3 PT days + 2 running days, more like 6 now), it can't be that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment