Monday, December 7, 2009

Week 13, Day 1

2nd week of true hamstring strength building continues. The PT visit today increased the ankle weights from 9 lbs to 10 lbs. I also switched the bridging from my calves resting on the physioball to my feet resting on top of it. This way, my knees are bent a lot more and this makes bridging more difficult.

Finally, we also switched to a step-on and step-off kind of an exercise, which involves lowering my left foot off the front of the step, while bending the right knee. This is difficult to do smoothly and my muscles feel kinda "spasmy"/not smooth doing it. Same applies to stepping back off the step on the ground, where lowering my body weight off the step still causes me to crash on the last two inches of movement (and the movement is not that smooth either).

The Dr followup is Thursday, Dec 10th.

Next week was supposed to be the week that I resume running (the week after the dr followup). However, my hamstring strength has been delayed by two weeks due to injury and so I think that will delay my return to running as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment