Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Week 20

Ran for half an hour NON-STOP last Saturday at 10 min/mile and the knee felt good afterwards!

Watch out world, for I am back! (At least for running) This means I can put in at least a quality 9 miles a week. I told the physical therapist yesterday that I am looking to do 20 miles a week and she said "whoa." Heh.


Put in a good workout at the PT office though yesterday. Straight leg and side leg lifts at 11lbs felt good, can probably jump to 12 lbs soon. Switched the leg press up to 5 plates (from 4), using one leg, and that almost killed me. Barely finished it, it was funny walking afterwards for a minute or two. I expect to have sore quads this evening. Hamstring curls up to 3.5 plates from 3.

Did some jumps that felt a bit funny in the knee. Definitely need to keep doing those and get the knee used to jumping. This is important, as I will be getting back to dancing.

5 comments:

  1. Hi astral.. My name is ibiq.. Actually i plan to have my acl reconstruction but i am a bit scared of it. How was your recovery.. Is it hurt u? How fast u can have your normal life back

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Astral, Could you please continue your blog! This is amazing! I loved reading your blog. Would love to see how you are doing now, regarding your ACL reconstruction! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knee joint replacement surgery is also known as total arthroscopic knee surgery. Although knee joint replacement surgery can make people feel better, like all other surgical interventions, this procedure also carries certain risks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving your blog series and happy to hear about your recovery from knee pain. No doubt exercise, jogging is the key to maintaining health and fitness. There are various effective treatments are also available for knee pain relief offered by the Best knee doctor in NYC .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog, thanks for sharing such an valuable information with us. It is really useful for ACL Reconstruction Surgery in Vikhroli

    ReplyDelete